- This event has passed.
The Darling Downs and West Moreton Primary Health Network (DDWMPHN), together with GPTQ and the Kingaroy GP Chapter Network is proudly hosting the 3rd Biennial Red Ant Roundup Medical Conference in Kingaroy in 2019.
9 March - 10 March
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN, in partnership with GPTQ and the Kingaroy GP Chapter Network, are proud to be hosting the Red Ant Round-up Medical Conference again in 2019.
The conference will be held in Kingaroy on 9 – 10 March 2019 focused on the theme: ‘A Country Practice – Everybody’s Business’ and is targeted at GP’s, allied health professionals, hospital doctors, registrars, medical students, allied health students and service providers.
Attendees are encouraged to make the Red Ant Round-up a family weekend, with partners/spouses and children invited to attend the Conference’s Family Program.
- Adolescent Health
- The importance of early intervention in adolescents with a focus on the effects of ice
- Women’s Health
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and management of menorrhagia
- Men’s Health
- Sexual dysfunction
- Screening and management of prostate cancer
Nurse and Allied Health Stream
- Practice Management Skills
- Wound Management
Health Professionals Health
- Tips for Wellbeing
- Interprofessional Education/Collaborative Practice
The Conference Dinner will be held on the Saturday evening with guest speaker April Armstrong, Founder and Director of Business for Doctors.
GPTQ Supervisor Workshop
General Practice Training Queensland (GPTQ) will be delivering a full day Supervisor Workshop on Sunday, 10 March as a part of the Red Ant Round-up Medical Conference. Medical supervisors of all learners from students to junior doctors, through to GP training registrars, are invited to attend. The workshop will include practical tips and tricks on how to enhance supervision skills enabling us to provide the best support and opportunities in the clinical environment to all learners.
The full Conference Program will be released on 31 January 2019.
CPD Points Available
RACGP and ACRRM accreditation for CPD in the 2017-2019 triennium is pending.
Registration is $55 (incl. GST) per person. This includes:
- tickets for your partner/spouse and child/children to the family program
- your ticket to the Conference Dinner
- a ticket to the Conference Dinner for your partner/spouse (a number of activities have been organised for the night of the Conference Dinner for children)
For more information please contact Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN Primary Care Education Engagement Officer Margie Hams via email email@example.com or phone 0428 108 120.